Thursday, September 3, 2009

Roasted Plum Tomatoes


We have a lot of tomatoes right now from both our garden and the CSA. After eating them all kinds of ways, I was ready for something different. So for lunch on Sunday, I decided to try out this recipe from Everyday Food for roasted plum tomatoes, which I’ve been wanting to make for a while now. It was ridiculously easy and so, so delicious. I served them with a very simple pasta dish of whole wheat linguine tossed with some of our homemade pesto. I topped everything with some shaved Grana Padano. YUM!

Ingredients, serves 4:
8 (about 1 1/2 pound) plum tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (I used several sprigs of fresh lemon thyme)
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Core tomatoes; halve each lengthwise. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet; toss with olive oil, dried thyme, coarse salt, and ground pepper until coated.
Arrange in a single layer, cut sides up. Bake until soft, about 30 minutes.

(photo from MarthaStewart.com; originally published on Sassy in Trousers, 9.1.09)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails