Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Oz!


Did you know that it's the 70th anniversary of the Wizard of Oz? Our theatre was doing a special showing last night, so we went to see it on the big screen. I was riveted to my seat. Seeing this movie for the first time is one of my most vivid childhood memories, and even though I've read the book a couple of times, along with Wicked and its sequels, there's something about the movie--the surreal, candy colors of Munchkinland, the sweet conviction of the characters, the loveliness of the ruby slippers--that just gets me every time.

Speaking of ruby slippers...check these babies out. I'm pretty sure Dorothy wouldn't have been so willing to hand these over to the Wicked Witch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails