Friday, September 18, 2009

Open (Apple) Season


For some reason my stomach always seems to know what is in season, which means I've been craving apples for the last two-ish weeks. Here in Ithaca, this week unofficially marks the start of apple season with Cornell Orchards opening and the Apple Harvest Festival going on next weekend.

Apples will definitely be on my weekend agenda, and I'm going to:
  • Make a Waldorf salad with some Liberty apples and the celery we got in our CSA share this week.
  • Look for an apple bundt cake recipe (if you have a good one, would you share?).

I also plan to:

  • Put up some shelving in my basement and undertake a HUGE reorganization project. Wish me luck...it's scary down there!
  • Can beets and tomatoes.
  • Cut down all my perennials and empty out my flower pots.
  • Buy some pumpkins and mums.
  • Do some antiquing/flea marketing with the hubby.
  • Cook up a big batch of black bean burritos (recipe on it's way next week!).

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails