It feels so fall-like here today, and the light coming in my office window this afternoon perfectly matches the slant of sun streaking across the incredible stone fireplace in this photo.
Here's what I love about this room:
- That AMAZING wall of windows. Our house is kind of dark, and it's rarely sunny in Ithaca (the Cullens lived here briefly during New Moon for heaven's sake!), so I covet homes with copious windows.
- The muted color scheme. It just feels so peaceful. Our house has lots of color--which I love, but I always dream of doing a much more subdued color scheme.
- The piano. What a nice, homey touch!
- Those chairs!!! The juxtaposition of the deep seat and the squatty legs is just genius. I'm imagining that they are upolstered in a slate tweed, which is just making me drool.
- The shag rug. I'm a big fan of shag, and cream shag just feels so luxurious! I'd love to lay on this rug in a patch of that sun and cuddle Zelda.