Monday, September 21, 2009

Blue Monday: Parrish Blue


I love finding inspiration in unexpected places and came away from a visit to the Memorial Art Gallery of the University of Rochester last Friday majorly inspired. The museum has a nice, comprehensive--albeit small--collection. I was really needing a little loftiness and beauty to lift my spirits, and who does that combo better than Maxfield Parrish? Seeing The Lute Players in person left me awe-struck. The play of the rose gold glow radiating off these lovelies and the blue--the blue--of the sky and water was just so intense.

I always love Creature Comfort's art-inspired outfits and since seeing this painting am now mulling around wearing my cobalt silk blouse with a black pencil skirt or trousers and rose gold accessories. I'd also love to paint a room Parrish blue and fill it with lots of brass and glass and creamy-gold furniture, but am pretty sure that wouldn't work in my 1950s ranch. But a girl can dream, right?

What influences your wardrobe or decor outside of current trends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails