Friday, November 13, 2009

Style Icon: The Hitchcock Blonde


I'm very excited to say that on Sunday afternoon the hubby and I are going to our local independent theater to see Rear Window, one of my all-time favorite films. I've seen this movie at least 30 times, and it still scares me every time I watch it (Raymond Burr coming up those stairs and turning out the light bulbs....soooooo creepy!!!). As a little girl, I was very into Hitchcock movies, somewhat for the thrill factor, but mainly to watch those goddess-like, icy-blonde actresses in their exquisite wardrobes play against some of my very first crushes (What? At the age of 7, didn't everyone think they were going to marry Cary Grant?).

The thought of seeing Grace Kelly on the big screen has inspired me to create another Style Icon inspiration board, this time focused on The Hitchcock Blonde (click on the image to see it bigger).

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Rear Window is such an iconic movie and beautiful Grace Kelly - sigh! What a great look to channel, too - I love those long leather gloves so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails