Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Snackish


We carved a GIANT jack-o-lantern on Saturday and that meant we were able to roast the pumpkins seeds, which are, hands down, one of my favorite snacks. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to them and could easily eat the entire tray as soon as they come out of the oven.

Yesterday for lunch, I put them on top of a salad of baby spinach, beets, hardboiled egg, fontina cheese, and dried cranberries, topped with a cranberry vinaigrette. It rocked.

This afternoon I'm snacking on them--with a side of candy corn. It really doesn't get any better than that!

2 comments:

  1. You're so lucky. I was planning on toasting the seeds of the three pumpkins I bought for my porch, and can you believe it...the squirrels MASSACRED them. There are bite marks everywhere and one of them they completely broke open and ate all the seeds. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate a whole pumpkin's worth last night. delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails