Monday, November 16, 2009

Shoe of the Day


For as long as I can remember I've had a shoe crush on creepers. Something about that thick crepe sole and pointy toe makes my heart skip a beat. I find them totally charming on boys (I prefer them with too-short, black Dickies), but--as with so many things--I think they look even better on a girl. The girl who dares tackle a shoe as serious as creepers has, in my opinion, confidently honed her style because these shoes are, undoubtedly, A LOOK. This girl has got it right: ankle length pants, simple tee, tough hair and accessories. I've got tons of sartorial envy right now.


But for those of us who don't dare tackle a real creeper, there are lots of options right now to make this look more approachable. Why not get a pair of men's vintage shoes, particularly two-toned, crepe-soled oxfords from the '40s? (When searching just make sure the toe is more pointed than rounded.) I also think a lot of women's shoes from the late '80s or early '90s have a creeper-ish feel, especially with a buckled strap.



Feeling like you want your creepers more inspired than literal? Check out these booties from 3.1. Phillip Lim and Emma Cook for TopShop.

Or how about a creeperish sandal from Deena and Ozzy?

(via Aristobrat, Sabino, ShoeLust, and Clever Nettle)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails