Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Midweek MidCentury: Cornucopia Vases

I feel like Thanksgiving decorations are often overlooked in the excitement to jump straight from Halloween to Christmas. You rarely see really nice, harvest-y decorations any where, so if you want to pay homage to this lovely holiday, you have to get creative.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing some ideas for Thanksgiving decor, starting today by devoting this week's "Midweek MidCentury" post to a classic midcentury pottery theme: the cornucopia.

Here is a brief snapshot of a few of my favorites that are currently available on Ebay:









Vintage Midcentury Green Art Pottery Cornucopia Vase


One of these vases on its own would make a fantastic Thanksgiving centerpiece, but I think a whole grouping of them, surrounded by small squashes, candles and leaves on a mantle or sideboard, would make an incredible statement.

Darn--I think I just talked myself into a new collection!

2 comments:

  1. What great choices! I love the little McCoy one - and the Roseville one is gorgeous! My mom has a huge collection of Roseville and she only recently realized it's valuable! She just always thought they were pretty and would buy them when she found them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my blog! You've introduced me to something new here. These vases are beautiful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails