Monday, January 25, 2010

There are babies in there!


Thanks so, so much for your sweet comments on Friday about my super exciting news! Part of what has made this pregnancy so amazing for us thus far has been the amazing outpouring of support we've received from our family and friends. Having to go through fertility treatments can be such a scary, embarrassing, alienating experience for so many couples--and that wasn't the case for us at all, partially because we made a conscious decision that we didn't want it to be that way, but even more so because of all the love and prayers we received from so many people. In some ways, that alone has made me feel blessed to go through this experience.

Anyhoo, when we found out about the twins a few weeks ago, we decided to start taking a picture of my belly each week to document my "progress." This is the first picture we took. Can you tell how giddy I am?!

Three months of fertility drugs, plus two rapidly growing babies means the pair of jeans I have on in this picture, plus one other pair, are the only pants that fit me. Honestly--I've completely exhausted my supply of fat pants! That said, look forward to several upcoming posts about how to build a versatile maternity wardrobe! LOL

8 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased for you. Twins! Congrats again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such exciting news! Congratulations!! I am a twin (I have a twin brother)- it is so great to be a twin. :)

    Much love,
    Amy

    http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! What a cute little belly you got goin on there :):):):) Can't wait to be an auntie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous! You must be so excited. That's great that you had such a wonderful support system. We will find out next week what our fertility plan of attack will be. I hope that we can be as successful as you! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just squealed - that's how excited I am for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh!!! babIES?! As in plural!! I am s excited for you two! You look so adorable...I cannot wait to see your growing belly updates! My very best friend is due in one week from today, and I just book my flight for early March to visit and meet their new addition. I am starting to get baby fever myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look soooo happy and radiant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the baby news, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails