Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Midweek MidCentury: Pretty Table


I've been pretty open about my love of all things midcentury modern, but what I really don't like is how a lot of people equate MCM with over-the-top kitchiness. There's no denying that some 1950s atomic style can err on the side of tacky, but achieving a retro look can actually be quite simple. Understated even.

I think this image from Country Living is a great example of how even something as overtly "midcentury" as this table cloth can be easily integrated into non-retro decor. I love how the bright graphic print of this spread adds a fun contrast to the classic sage wainscoting in this little vignette. I'd love to serve a little holiday luncheon for my girlfriends at this table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails