Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dressing the Part: Adventures in Babysitting, Part 2


As a follow-up to Tuesday's LBD Love post recreating Elizabeth Shue's date outfit from Adventures in Babysitting, I now give you my take on the costume she wears for the rest of the movie. I was so struck while watching this movie last weekend at how apropos her casual look is right now. However, to modernize it a bit, I substituted the hot pink batwing tunic for tan, swapped the blue acid wash jeans for gray and the magenta lace-up booties for black. And as far as I'm concerned, a camel coat, bright color-blocked scarf, and graphic vintage brooch never go out of style.

Want this look? Go to Avant Anthologue Etsy's Shop for the coat, Anthropologie for the seater, ModCloth for the jeans, Day of the Head's Etsy Shop for the scarf, Molly and Mary's Etsy Shop for the pin.

3 comments:

  1. Love that classic '80s fix {but even more so I love this fabulous coat! It's so right now.}

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED that movie! I'll have to check out those Etsy shops.

    http://underfundedheiress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adventures in Babysitting is one of my all time favorite movies....no joke! Even my husband watched it while growing up! Anytime it is on television we both will sit and watch it! Nice work on re-creating the outfit! The scarf is just so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails