Tuesday, December 1, 2009

LBD Love


On Sunday afternoon I was exhausted from spending most of the weekend driving back and forth to Rochester for doctor's appointments, so I curled up in bed with Zelda and watched Adventures in Babysitting--one of my all-time favorite movies. As a little girl, I was pretty sure my teenage years would completely mirror Chris Parker's, including but not limited to: awesome curly blonde hair, a major dislike of babysitting, a great house in suburban Chicago, the ability to attract a hot college guy, a wacko best friend, and lots and lots of dancing around my bedroom singing into a hair brush.

Pretty much none of that came to pass (except the singing into a hair brush part--I can still do a killer J. Mascis impression)...but that doesn't mean I can't dress the part the next time the hubby wants to take me out to a fancy French restaurant, right? I pulled most of this '80s LBD look together from vintage items found on Etsy, but love how the polka dot stockings add just enough now to keep it from feeling dated. Now to find the hubby a "So Cool" vanity plate....

Want this look for yourself? Go to The Storage Room for the dress; Jonquil for the earrings; Where Did You Get That???? for the bag; Twice the Charm for the shoes; and Anthropologie for the tights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails