Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blue Monday: Mystic Seaport


Sigh...slowly coming back around to reality today after a wonderful long weekend spent in Connecticut and Rhode Island to celebrate my birthday.

I've got lots of pictures from our trip to share once the hubby downloads them, but in the meantime, I thought I'd post this sweet vintage postcard from Mystic Seaport. Have you ever been to the Seaport? It rocks, if you like that type of interactive museum experience (which I do). I've been going there, literally, my entire life, and it's one of my favorite places ever.

p.s. Did you happen to catch this awesome documentary on the history of whaling on PBS? It was really, really interesting, and I learned a lot (like that Quakers were the main inhabitants of Nantucket and the biggest whalers back in the day...odd that a group that so aligns itself with peace would have been so heavily involved in such a brutal industry, eh?). This show totally inspired Seth and I to read Heart of the Sea about the gruesome voyage of the whaling ship, Essex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails