This zucchini and tomato pie is always my end-of-summer savior. It's dead easy (as Jamie O. would say) and super-fast to throw together. Plus, it always yields leftovers. I even baked this one over the weekend, then just reheated it (which was extra nice since I've been waist-deep in baby food and laundry for the last three days...CANNOT get caught up on either). Throw in a simple salad and frosty beer, and my day just got a whole lot better.
Zucchini and Tomato Pie
2 cups zucchini, diced
1 cup tomato, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 organic baking mix (or Bisquick)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup Parmesan
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; grease a 10" pie plate.
- Spread diced zucchini, tomato, and onion in the bottom of the pie plate.
- Beat remaining ingredients until smooth, then pour into pie plate.
- Bake until knife comes out clean (about 30 minutes), then remove from oven and top pie with the two cheeses.
- Turn on the broiler; place pie under the broiler until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.